Friday, January 26, 2007

Top 5 CDs of 2006, Prog. Metal Division




My top 5 CD releases for 2006:
1. Mind's Eye- "Walking on H20" (cd cover: directly to left)
An outstanding conceptual album. If you want to know what prog metal is, check out this album.
2. Wolverine- "Still" (cd cover: middle right)
Well-written, moody, depressive. Well done. Not as good as their The Window Purpose release of 2001, but only because that is one of the best releases ever. EVER.
3. Tomorrow's Eve- "Mirror of Creation II" (cd cover: top left)
Brilliant sequel to their incredible 2003 release.
4. Seventh Wonder- "Waiting in the Wings" (cd cover: top right)
Never heard of these guys before- very surprised by the quality of this release.
5. Into Eternity- "The Scattering of Ashes" (cd cover: middle left)
Overcame some lineup changes to growl and scream their way to another winner.

Opinion still pending: I haven't listened to Wuthering Heights' "The Shadow Cabinet" yet, but, from the clips I've heard, it might be Top 5 material.

I purchased approx. 30 CDs in 2006. My collection is now in the 350-400 range.
I seriously need to put more money into mutual funds and less into CDs...






No comments: