Saturday, April 28, 2007

Had a good day...

Two more good things from Friday:

Jon Lester pitched brilliantly in a rehab start for Pawtucket, pitching five scoreless innings. Lester only allowed three hits, and only two runners made it to second base against him. Lester struck out six, walked no one, and threw 56 of 84 pitches for strikes. He has another rehab start on Wednesday, and doesn't look very far away from taking Batshit's spot in the Red Sox rotation. That would upgrade the rotation and increase the probability of Batshit Crazy episodes.

In exciting news of a personal nature, I got my annual bonus check on Friday. After a year of putting up Papelbon-esque stats, highlighted by an otherworldly VORM (Value Over Replacement Manager), my team was rewarded. I bled enough red paint to fill a pair of sanitary socks over the past year, so I think I earned it. I believe I will purchase a second yacht, so I am not stuck using the same yacht all the time. Who wants that? My first yacht is named the Papelbon, this one will be named the Hamels. The balance of the bonus will be put into mutual funds and CDs.

No comments: