Friday, February 23, 2007

No Tix for you...


On Friday morning, I had an e-mail from the Red Sox when I checked my inbox. I figured it was a response to my suggestions on how to handle The Incident of Manny and the Car Show.
But it was actually pertaining to my participation in a lottery for a ticket purchase opportunity. Unfortunately, my entry was not selected for this ticket purchase opportunity. Again. But I am still eligible for the drawing for the opportunity to purchase Right Field Roof Deck tickets, which will take place over the next few weeks. As always, my loyalty to the Red Sox is unparalleled, and John Henry would like to thank me for my loyalty by offering my 10% off any purchase at the Red Sox online store.

I think my unparalleled loyalty should be worth a little more than that. Maybe each time I am among The Unchosen for a Sox Ticket Purchasing Opportunity, that % off should increase by 10%. Or perhaps double each time. Alternatives to this include extra chances (more ping pong balls with my name on them?) in each subsequent lottery, or an autographed Kyle Snyder ball. I am not too picky.

As for Manny's latest issues, I have no innovative advice to offer. (I may not be worthy of the Snyder ball, after all.) They are not going to trade Manny and his stats, unless they get sufficient value in return. Which they won't, considering his salary and his, um, eccentric, behavior. They are pretty much stuck with him. So they'll just have to deal with his Manny ways, and try to minimize the damage his behaviors (and their non-reactions to these behaviors) can do to the team. They are fortunate to have strong leadership types in the clubhouse like J.D. Drew, Julio Lugo, and Julian Tavarez- masters of team harmony who won't let any individual factors get in the way of the success of the team as a whole.

Speaking of J.D. Drew, he feels really healthy and uninjured right now. Good show, J.D. Well, except for the fact that it is fucking February. He'll be probably be missing games for undisclosed reasons by the 3rd week of the season. At least that should open up some ABs for Wily Mo.

Matsuzaka is scaring me a bit- playing long toss at 200 ft. wicked early in training, 103 pitch bullpen sessions- I hope he doesn't use up too many bullets before the real games start. Theo says this is commonplace for Daisuke, but you'd have to think throwing so much now (as well as during his seasons in Japan) could affect him later this season, and later in his career. Hopefully, if such adverse effects pop up, it will be after 6 glorious seasons with the Sox. And if the baseball doesn't work out for Daisuke, maybe he could fall back on the golf.

No comments: