Monday, February 12, 2007

Soxin' it up

There is action at Red Sox camp. The equipment truck is on the way. Daisuke's plane will be landing at 6:30pm. Jonathan was 1st spotted at 7:55am, threw off the mound today, and his best recipe for duck will be announced later. Devern, Kason, and Craig were spotted. Kyle has changed his number to 39, Jon to 31, and Manny to 17.
J.D. Drew is still not on the 40 Man Roster. (It says his name on there, but there are more than 40 peeps on that there 40 Man Roster.)
I have not yet seen a detailed manifest of the contents of the Sox equipment truck, but I am hopeful it will be available soon.

I don't know how I survived pre-internet. Having so many stats, random stories, and videos just clicks away. (Not to mention the fabulousness that is MLB.TV!)
I remember having to wait for my monthly Baseball Digest fix to come in the mail, with only limited television coverage/info available for out of town teams. This is so much better. I am ready for another season of inhaling baseball. (Yep. INHALING. That is the bon mot for my baseball ways.)

The Flyers play on national television tonight (on Versus at 7pm) against the Red Wings. The Red Wings are coming off a 7 goal, 50 shot domination of Calgary. The Flyers are coming off a 4-3 OT win at home against St. Louis. It was their 1st win at home since NOVEMBER 24TH. Apparently, the key for the Flyers' winning at home is to start their 3rd string goalie, and have him wear his Nashville Predators pads. Hey, whatever works. It's always a special treat when they win a game. But I don't think they'll be winning another one tonight.

The Bruins traded D Brad Stuart and C Wayne Primeau to Calgary for D Andrew Ference and RW Chuck Kobasew. I wonder if the B's could package Ference, Kobasew, and Marco Sturm for that Joe Thornton guy. Probably not. Fuck.
At least BU will win another Beanpot in a few hours...GOALIE! SIEVE! GOALIE! SIEVE! SIEVE! SIEVE! SIEVE!

No comments: