Sunday, March 18, 2007

Highlights of the Internets

The internets are a strange place. By "strange", I mean "chock full of totally bizarre shit." Stuff that doesn't really make a lot of sense. Naturally, I have spent quite a bit of time analyzing this stuff. I have come to some conclusions, but I am still just cracking the surface in most areas.

Spinning leeks. I'm pretty sure the vocals are in Finnish. I think Kiprusoff has a clip on YouTube singing this song. Everybody's sung while spinning a leek before, so no need to explain that. After 20 minutes, it starts to get better, but at the 35 minute mark, I start feeling the effects. But, if given the choice between 3 hours of the spinning leeks, or 5 minutes of play-by-play by new Phillies announcer Gary Matthews, Sr., I'm taking the leeks.

Pirate. Yar-Har-Fiddle-Dee-Dee, indeed. But I still prefer the ninjas.

Random dancing animals. Choreography needs work. The alligator dances like his tail just grew in.

Brilliant musical genius. Strongest performances are covers of Opeth and Guns 'n Roses (Sweet Child). I think it's the French accent that makes the vocalist such a standout. Also has plus vocal range and above average guitar skills.

Best half-time show ever. I am shocked we haven't seen this group at the Super Bowl yet.
A truly remarkable finish to a truly remarkable performance.

?????? I have no clue what is going on here. I just click and click and go to increasingly strange places, none of which make any sense to me.

Botswana. I like to have this on in the background at all times. Very relaxing and calming. The elephant seals just don't have the same appeal to me.

SB. This post was a little Papelbon-deficient. Until now.

Brilliant. And very painful. Both of these things, in heaping helpings. The Sox need Marty Barrett back. At 55, he could still out-hit Pedroia.

There you go my reader(s), a selection of my finest bookmarks. Maybe one of you can figure out Superbad.

1 comment:

always thinking about papelbon said...

it gives me CHILLS driving to the park in my HUMMER!

oh, paps, oh.