Monday, March 26, 2007

Sickening

When I am zipping around the internets, voraciously devouring all of the sports, I don't typically notice the authors of the articles. After reading a really good (or bad) article/column, I'll make note of the author, but usually I just keep zipping along on a random internet walk.

Today, I clicked to read a column on Boston.com, that seemed to be about Schilling. By the time I was a few paragraphs in, I was sick to my stomach. At that point it was obvious that the author of that putrid piece of "writing" could be none other than CHB. Sickening. Hopefully, Curtis Montague Schilling won't respond to it in any way, or even acknowledge it.

Going forward, I pledge to check the author of each piece before reading, just as I wouldn't open up an unknown e-mail attachment. (Well, unless the attachment appeared to be Papelbonian in nature, of course.) Now, if only I could find some kind of CHB-ware to keep me and my computer free of future threats. Perhaps McAfee can help.

5 comments:

Bleachers said...

Haha...CHB-ware. That's a really good idea. I would buy it.

always thinking about papelbon said...

CHB reminds me of this co-worker of mine who I hate who also only seems to come into work about 10 hours a week. On the one hand, I hate her, and I hate that she can get away with showing up for the day at 1:30 in the afternoon. On the other hand, I hate her, and that 4.5 hours I don't have to see her when she shows up late are appreciated. That's how I feel when CHB hasn't written a column in a couple weeks and then shows up with something like this. Confusing!

Mike said...

It was like the 12th man in a 12 man bullpen,who hasn't pitched in a few weeks, coming in to mop up and turning a 9-2 loss into a 15-2 loss. Only more evil.

CHB should be given his unconditional release.

Iain said...

Well, Schilling did respond, but only to say that CHB managed to display his inherent 'toolness' with this piece. Which is totally true.

I would almost not have minded if CHB had managed to be bitter and really funny, but he was just bitter, period. Not pleasant reading at all.

Mike said...

I feared Schilling would respond by mimicking a typical CHB article. I'm glad Curt's response was so minimal.